19 WAYS TO APPROACH YOUR LIFE
By Gareth Stubbs and Jeroen Coenen ~ Ego Invenio
Imagine if, when we were born, we were given this awesome manual that contained instructions, to-do lists, options, insights into what we would go through and do as we got older and all that kind of stuff. Some people will sit there and nod and say “yeah, that would have been great” and others would be thinking “that’s a load of nonsense, I would not be who I am right now if I had that.”
But no matter what you think, feel or believe, we spend our lives creating our own operating instructions and sharing what we have learnt with others so that they can add it to their collection if they choose to. So today, we just would like to share some of the insights and inspiration that we have had along the way, and some of the ways that we approach this amazing thing call our lives !
- Always learn – no matter how old you get or how far along your journey you are, never stop learning and finding things to learn.
- Begin ANYWHERE and ANYTIME – the amazing thing is that you have the chance, every single day, to start over again. Not knowing where to begin is a common form of paralysis, so therefore, begin anywhere.
- Keep Moving – once you have started, keep going. It does not matter which direction you take, just keep going. Think of it like breathing – there is no option to stop, you gotta keep on doing it.
- Go Backwards – sometimes, you need to give yourself the option to reverse. Going backwards is not a bad thing, in fact, it’s a good thing because it is better than stopping and is sometimes what you need to take a flying leap.
- Ask stupid questions – because you can. Growth and learning is fueled by desire and a child like innocence. Imagine learning your whole life at the rate of an infant and assess the answers you get, not the questions you ask.
- Stay Up Late sometimes – it is amazing what happens sometimes when you stay up late and “work” into the night. When you have no chance of distraction from the outside world, you tend to do some pretty cool things.
- Find the Metaphor – in everything. Every object, situation or event has the capacity to stand for something other than what is apparent. Work on what it stands for and what you can learn from it.
- Repeat yourself – if you like something, do it again. If you don’t like something, do it again.
- Don’t enter competitions – because do we really ever fully appreciate the prize anyway, and we also tell ourselves that there can only be 1 winner. Create your own competitions for yourself and let your life be the ultimate prize. That way everyone, wins !
10. Create your own language – you know sometimes, when you just can’t seem to think of the right word at the right time and your mind just goes blank? Create your own words then and see what happens. Creativity breeds creativity !
11. Laugh – often ! Simple as !
12. Cry sometimes – because seeds can’t grow if you don’t water them.
13. Remember – growth can only take place with some history, as long as we do not allow ourselves to be defined by it, the history that is. This history gives your growth a direction and remember that a memory is never a perfect recollection of an exact event or moment – it is defined by the way you look at it. Memories make us aware of the past and open to new amazing things in the future.
14. Allow events to change you – things change, seasons change, we change ! Growing as a person is changing and is completely natural. You need to be willing to grow, knowing that it is who you were born to be. Growth is different from something that happens to you. You produce it. You live it. The prerequisites for growth – being open to fully experience events and the willingness to be changed by them.
15. Forget about good – become excellent. Good is not good enough. Good is settling for less than you deserve and less than what you are capable of.
16. Love your experiments – just as much as you would love an ugly child. They are yours and nobody else’s. Love them and cherish them for everything you make them out to be. Besides, you never know what might happen if you did experiment more.
17. Prepare for accidents – they sometimes follow experiments and the wrong answer is sometimes the right answer in search of a different question. Collect wrong answers as a part of your process and then ask different questions.
18. Listen – don’t just hear what people say. Take time to listen to them because you never know what might be said that will trigger something deep down inside of you. If you are too busy just hearing what they are saying while preparing the “perfect” answer, you won’t actually hear what they say.
19. __________________________ – yup, that’s right ! It’s blank. Leave space in your life for ideas that you have not had and suggestions from other people.
Gareth and Jeroen Mini Author Bio :
Passionate about health, both inside and out, Gareth and Jeroen work with people helping them to excel in their lives and to create a new way of life based on their simple, yet powerful, understanding of health. Sharing their message is something they are very passionate about, and based on questions they are often asked, blogs and videos are created from the heart, helping people make the most out of a healthy life.
Links to Gareth and Jeroen:
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/egoinvenio
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/egoinvenio
How We Know Jaki:
We had the pleasure of meeting Jaki during our “adventures” and trainings with Chris Howard. Her story inspired both of us, and her dedication to spreading her message and what she does has really pushed us to share from the heart about what we are passionate about.
A Message from Jaki ~ Thank you
In life we come across people who inspire us, people who help us to push to the next level, to step out of our comfort zone, to step up. Gareth and Jeroen have played a part in my journey. They have at times said something, that in the moment may have caught me off guard!, yet under greater thought it pushed me through a barrier that I did not know was there! For that I am truly grateful.
I have a great respect for who they are and what they do – In Gratitude :)
Simple Positive Steps You Can Take Now ~
- Remember you can “Begin ANYWHERE and ANYTIME – the amazing thing is that you have the chance, every single day, to start over again. Not knowing where to begin is a common form of paralysis, so therefore, begin anywhere.”
- Make a decision to come back each day to Jaki’s Guest Blogger Month – there are many more amazing blogs to read
- Share this with Friends, post the link to this blog on your facebook page
- Pop over to Jaki’s Pay-it-Forward Site ~ If Everyone Cares
- Click the ‘Like’ button on this page
- Leave a comment in the box below
- Remember You GET To
- Have a Great Day :))